Activities Near Tennessee Fitness Resort
While Tennessee Fitness Spa is an all-inclusive week-long fitness camp, you may want to take advantage of the many nearby activities on your way to and from the Spa. Many of our quests stay for several weeks and spend their weekends touring this beautiful part of the country. There are golf courses and tennis courts nearby and it is possible to rent kayaks or canoes to float the waters of the scenic Buffalo River. There are also a number of wonderful natural settings in which to hike, sightsee, or explore on horseback.
Places of interest within 2.5 hours of Tennessee Fitness Spa:
- Natchez Trace Parkway - The Natchez Trace Trail is a designated National Scenic Trail in the United States whose route starts south of Nashville, Tennessee, continues through Alabama, and ends in Natchez, Mississippi. See the National Park's Website for more information.
- Shiloh Civil War Battlefield - Shiloh National Military Park and National Cemetery preserves the American Civil War Shiloh and Corinth battlefields. The main section of the park is about nine miles south of Savannah, Tennessee.
- Helen Keller's Birthplace and Home - Built in 1820 only one year after Alabama became the 22ndState of the Union, Ivy Green is a simple, white clapboard home design in typical Southern architecture. Since 1954 Helen Keller's birthplace has been a permanent shrine to the "miracle" that occurred in a blind and deaf seven-year old girl's life. At that time Ivy Green was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Natchez Hills Winery - The new Natchez Hills Winery Tasting Room is 35 miles north east of the spa and they have free tours and wine tastings events from 11 AM to 7 PM. Call ahead to make reservations directly with the winery.
- Amber Fall Winery - Another winery, also located near Hampshire, TN would be Amber Falls
- Antique stores - Tennessee Antique Trail.com has 106 different antique stores featured across the state of Tennessee.
- Amish country - The connecting county, Lawrence County, is home to many Amish families. There are produce markets, hand made crafts and wood crafts available. See Lawrenceburg, TN for more information.
- The Rosenbaum House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright - Located in Florence, AL at 601 Riverview Drive just 35 miles south of the fitness resort, is one of Frank Lloyd Wright's single family homes that is open to the public for tours Tuesday thru Sunday.
- The Rippavilla Plantation - A historic 1855 mansion located near Springs Hills, Tennessee south of Nashville. The mansion is open for tours; please check their website for more information.
- Jack Daniel Distillery - Tour the historic whiskey distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
- The Elephant Sanctuary - A 2700 acre sanctuary designed specifically to meet the needs of endangered elephants. The sanctuary is closed to public but a Welcome Center with information, gift shop and information is available in downtown Hohenwald, Tn.
- Cathedral Caverns - Originally called Bat Cave, Cathedral Caverns was opened to the public by Jacob Gurley in the 1950s. The State of Alabama purchased the land and cavern in 1987 and it was opened as an Alabama State Park in the summer of 2000.
- The Hermitage - Historic home of President Andrew Jackson located just north of Nashville, TN and 2 hours from our fitness resort.
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden - a 55 acre estate built with the Maxwell House Coffee fortune is a spectacular showcase of color and horticultural diversity with 11 specialty display gardens.
- Cheekwood Museum of Art - Cheekwood's Museum of Art is housed in a 30,000-square foot Georgian-style mansion. Collections include silver, and the most comprehensive collection of Worcester porcelain in America.
- Powdermill Hill Trading Post - The Quilt Lady brings you heritage quality quilts and hand crafted quilts to enjoy today and inspire a timeless tradition of family heirlooms to share from generation to generation.
Also Available in the Immediate Area: